How can I use existing JIRA User Profile Photo Image on Confluence User Profile?

Arnold Chang April 2, 2014

Hi,

Is there any way to prevent end users from manually uploading their photo image to their Confluence User Profile by using the existing one in their JIRA User Profile?

I also user a Crowd server to enable SSO for my JIRA and Confluence instances.

Regards,

Arnold

1 answer

1 vote
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2014

This doesn't directly answer your question (although I believe the answer is no), but Crowd does have a long standing feature request to have Crowd host all avatars for the other products: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-2165

Thank you Caspar. The long standing feature request made me more frustrated.

Is there any plug-in to be considered as a workaround in your view?How about Confluence Avatar Server? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.cutlass.confluence.plugin.rest.cas<br< a="">>

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2014

I'm not very up to date on the plugin situation for Confluence / JIRA (I'm a Crowd developer), so I don't know, sorry.

No problems at all. So when will we be able to get the feature from Crowd server in your view?

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2014

I'm sure this is not what you want to hear, but It's not on our roadmap at the moment, so I can't give you a helpful answer. All I can say is that if it's not on the roadmap, it's unlikely to happen in the next 6 months (not impossible because roadmaps do change, but definitely unlikely because it's not a small change to make across the products).

Thank you Caspar. I do appreciate your honest answer.

Arnold

Suggest an answer