How can I use JIRA Core to get an overview of marketing projects in progress? Edited

So I've read the articles, and JIRA Core looks good for project workflows. In other words, after I've entered all marketing projects I can go in and see that White Paper #12 is in progress, Blog #312 is in review, and that we need to light a fire under kicking off Event Planning (for example). 

But is there a view in Core that lets me view all projects in flight (like a Gantt chart, but it really doesn't have to be a Gantt, it just needs to let me understand what work flows are currently in progress). Basically, a view that lets me see "Wow, we only have 1 paper and no blogs planned in December. Let's get on that."

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Peggy,

There are Gantt Charts that you can add as add-ons such as Gantt-Chart for JIRA, however, you may also want to look at Portfolio for JIRA:

Portfolio for JIRA enables realistic strategic planning, regardless of how many teams or people you have working towards your goals. It provides a single source of truth into the current and future health of your initiatives. Portfolio uses what-if scenarios, the data in your JIRA applications, and an intuitive interface to help your company efficiently view, plan, and manage initiatives. Teams use Portfolio for JIRA to effectively plan by creating reliable forecasts, staying informed with realistic schedules, and effectively troubleshooting and managing releases in an ever-changing environment.

Chgeers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot