How can I unsubscribe from a filter? The filter was created by someone else and the subscription is for a group.

Roberto Sanz de Santamaria October 24, 2012

How can I unsubscribe from a filter? The filter was created by someone else and the subscription is for a group. Its OK to unsubscribe the whole group but I can not find how. The person does not work for the company anymore.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2012

A JIRA Administrator can change the ownsership of the filter and then manage it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Shared+Filters

0 votes
Jerrold WEN April 18, 2013

Thanks David. I tried to remove the subscription by changing the sharing, but it did not work.

I ended up just deleting the filter and recreating it.

0 votes
David Nickell April 7, 2013

The person who owns the subscription, not the filter, has to change the subscription. If that person is not available, I suppose you could change the sharing permissions on the filter itself (e.g. stop sharing with that group) and who knows, maybe it will drop the subscription too.

0 votes
Jerrold WEN April 7, 2013

I share this problem. I changed the owner of the filter to myself, but I still could not unsubscribe the group as the previous owner did the subscribe. Am I missing something?

Suggest an answer