How can I understand which post function / validator / condition coming by which plug in?

Tolga Şen November 27, 2013

There is no information on add post function / validator / condition add list about which plugin they belong to.

is there any way to understand ?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

may be you want to look at the modules of the plugins as well. You'll find something like:

User is in Any Group (userIsInAnyGroup-condition)

Date Compare (dateCompare-validator)

Clear Field Value (clearFieldValue-function)

That might help you as well.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

This is a common problem that I experience as well. The name that appears on the add list is controlled by the plugin provider. Starting a few releases ago, I added the plugin name to every validator and post function that my plugins provide. It helps and if others would adopt a similar convention it would be helpful for the future. Example:

Update one or more issues when conditions are satisfied. Bob Swift Software - Conditioned Workflow Functions.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2013

You could try try to look at the workflow XML. If you know that you're using a post-function on a specific transition look up the transition and you might find sth. like:

com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyFunctionPlugin

com.innovalog.jmwe.plugins.conditions.NonInteractiveCondition

That way you can narrow it down...

Tolga Şen November 27, 2013

Thanks for rapid answer !

Your advice works well for the workflow but I cannot understand where it comes from if I havent used it.

Suggest an answer