How can I transition to a Step based on resolution?

Aaron February 8, 2013

I'm looking to add a new Awaiting QA step within a custom workflow. I have created a new screen and have also added in a new resolution called "Fixed (Needs QA)" Additionally I have created another custom field with a QA Assignee field. Within the validation options of the steps, I didn't see any options that would allow you to check the value of the resolution field (or any field for that matter).

Basically if the resolution is Field (Needs QA) I want to direct the user to my new QA screen, if they select the default fixed resolution the task will just be resolved as usual.

Is there a better way to accomplish the same thing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

This is not possible exactly as you mentioned as you are using OnDemand. The closest what you can achieve is to define an additional transition which says "Marked as Fixed (Needs QA)" and show your custom screen in that transition.

0 votes
Angell April 1, 2013

Renjith is right, I have 7 different possible resolutions for bugs, and each one is it's own transition button.

Suggest an answer