How can I track personal OTD and Velocity?

iLikeWaffles April 19, 2017

In our performance reviews we have performance objectives. One of these objectives is always something like "Achieve 85% OTD for projects, tasks, etc.". Basically, measure yourself in everything you do and let us know if you meet the objective.

What I have been doing for years is keep a seperate spreadsheet of tasks with columns like estimated completion date, actual completion date, estimated hours and actual hours. As well as a few other metrics not relevant to this.

Anyway, this gets tedious, especially since I use JIRA for time reporting as well.

If I can figure out how to run these types of personal analytics, then I think it would help me and other organizations that require employees to keep track of their own performance metrics.

Hopefully this is already available, but if not, can someone point me in the right direction using a custom search and/or gadget?

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2017

As it sounds you figured out the solution in Excel, you could have the Better Excel Plugin to fill that for you!

In nutshell, it allows putting placeholders in a regular Excel file and creating a so-called export template. Then the add-on replaces the placeholders with the actual field values from JIRA, plus utilize all advanced Excel features like functions, formulas, charts, etc.

See: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/

Plus: as these reviews are periodical (I guess), you can make it 100% automatic. So JIRA will send you the ready made reports when it is time!

Suggest an answer