• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I tell how long it takes for a ticket to transition into its next phase?

For example, once we've resolved a ticket it will transition automatically into closed after a certain amount of days - how can I find how long this time frame is set for? 

3 answers

0 votes
Sudarshan TS Community Leader Dec 16, 2020

Hello @Naomi Schwaiger  Welcome

The Jira Control charts help you in identifying the time spent by an item during transition

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-control-chart/

Hi Sudarshan,

Thank you for your time, however after following the article I could not find the control panel. It could be that I do not have access to it. 

Sudarshan TS Community Leader Dec 17, 2020

haha ok.!

I am sure you will find your answer in this community.!

Hi @Naomi Schwaiger ,

Welcome to the community!

How is this automated transition is handled? Most likely, there is an Automation rule running in the background. You can go to Project Settings>Automation to check there is a rule configured and the set duration.

Cheers,

Gökçe 

HI Gökçe,

I went to the automation rules however none are enabled/active so I don't believe this is it. I'm not sure where else I can search. 

Best,

Naomi 

There might be other apps that are doing this like Script Runner or a REST Service is called? You can check the MAnage Apps page to see whether there are other apps that are doing this transition.

You can also check the history of an issue transitioned this way and the user who performed the transition. That might give you an idea about the origin of this transition. From there you can figure out the time interval.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Hi @Naomi Schwaiger 

You can view how long this time frame is set for using an app like Time Between Statuses. But to find what triggers this automated action you should search in set apps or in the JSD setting.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you