How can I tell how long it takes for a ticket to transition into its next phase?

Naomi Schwaiger December 16, 2020

For example, once we've resolved a ticket it will transition automatically into closed after a certain amount of days - how can I find how long this time frame is set for? 

3 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Naomi Schwaiger 

You can view how long this time frame is set for using an app like Time Between Statuses. But to find what triggers this automated action you should search in set apps or in the JSD setting.

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2020

Hi @Naomi Schwaiger ,

Welcome to the community!

How is this automated transition is handled? Most likely, there is an Automation rule running in the background. You can go to Project Settings>Automation to check there is a rule configured and the set duration.

Cheers,

Gökçe 

HI Gökçe,

I went to the automation rules however none are enabled/active so I don't believe this is it. I'm not sure where else I can search. 

Best,

Naomi 

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
December 16, 2020

There might be other apps that are doing this like Script Runner or a REST Service is called? You can check the MAnage Apps page to see whether there are other apps that are doing this transition.

You can also check the history of an issue transitioned this way and the user who performed the transition. That might give you an idea about the origin of this transition. From there you can figure out the time interval.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Hello @Naomi Schwaiger  Welcome

The Jira Control charts help you in identifying the time spent by an item during transition

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-control-chart/

Hi Sudarshan,

Thank you for your time, however after following the article I could not find the control panel. It could be that I do not have access to it. 

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

haha ok.!

I am sure you will find your answer in this community.!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events