How can I tell Tempo 7.6.0.1 to use the "Favourite Filters" instead of "My Filters" during filterselection?

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

The new filter logic in Tempo 7.6 is using the filter owned by the current user (My Filters). The filters shared by the admins and marked as favourite by the user are not selecable in Tempo. Is it possible to configure Tempo which filtergoup will be displayed.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Benedikt Bjarni Bogason [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi Ulrich,

The filters shown are the filters owned by the loggedin user and those filters he has marked as favourite. If this doesn't square with your experience you may have found a bug.

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Hi Benedikt,

yes, you are right. Tempo shows the private filters first and then the favourites. The problem is that only 20 filters will be shown. I have a lot of private filters - more than 20 - so the rest of the privates and the favourites are not shown. I deleted some private filters so 18 have been left. Now the favourit filter is shown at position 19.

Benedikt Bjarni Bogason [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Hi,

The filter picker in Tempo is searchable, so by entering a few letters in the filter name should be enough to show the desired filter - there should be no need to delete your private filters :)

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Hi Benedikt,

that's the Trick! Now reach the desired filter!

Anson Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

I noticed the filters don't appear for users without the "Browse Users" Global Permission. I believe this permission should only be required for Tempo administrators (as per link). Is this scenario a bug?

Anson Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

I noticed the filters don't appear for users without the "Browse Users" Global Permission. I believe this permission should only be required for Tempo administrators (as per link). Is this scenario a bug?

Update: since this is really a different case, I opened a new question: Can Tempo 7.6 show filters for those without the "Browse Users" permission?

Suggest an answer