How can I strip out a label from a query?

Brett Graham February 11, 2016

Hi everyone! 

I'm quite comfortable with JIRA... except JQL queries!!!!

So I want to create a filter that captures all tests in a project WITHOUT a label! I'm inputting syntax which to me makes sense, but alas with most of my queries JIRA says no sad Could anyone help me input the right syntax? This is what I've input:

image2016-2-11 11:8:57.png

Thanks in advance everyone!

Brett

3 answers

0 votes

Thanks for the answers!

@Steven Behnke I tried that with the same result.

@Rahul Aich @Rahul Aich [Nagra] I will try that thanks! Though I will be back to my original issue if we attach any labels on them haha

Any other comments from people will be most welcome! Thanks

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

Can you clarify, you want to find issues with no label, or issues without a specific label. 

I want to run a query that strips out a label... so I want it to return all tests that do not have a specified label

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

have you tried

labels != YourLabel or labels is empty

put this in brackets if you have additional conditions in your filter

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

Hm, shouldnt you use != instead of is not?

is and is not are for checking for empty valuea, ie labels is not empty. 

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

Have you tried the syntax 

labels is null

Rahul

Suggest an answer