How can I store customer information in Service Desk?

Mark Pryor November 9, 2015

We are an organization that has external 'customers'. Each 'customer' to us is a company, not a person. Therefore, a 'customer' can contain hundreds of people. Service requests can come from any one of these people and not necessarily a specific person. I am having a few problems getting this concept to mesh with what Service Desk offers.

A) it seems I have to 'invite' someone if I want them to be entered as a 'customer'. I cannot spam thousands of users with Service Desk invites just to make sure they are in the system.

B) For the 'customers' that are in service desk I don't see a way to store any kind of information for them. i.e. phone number, who their support contact is, address, etc.

I am beginning to think that Service Desk is meant more for internal support within an organization instead of support outside an organization.

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2015

Hi Mark, 

Unfortunately this is not available yet. We have an open feature request regarding this. See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1239

Please make sure to add yourself as a watcher of the ticket to receive updates. smile

Cheers!

danielpoft August 24, 2018

That open feature that you mentioned is opened for years without any dev. And it's for server and not Cloud.

Suggest an answer