How can I stopped JIRA from attaching bitmaps on replies to automated e-mails ? (Jira logos, etc...)

Marc April 14, 2014

Jira sends notifications for new or modified issues. These notifications are formatted with bitmaps, jira logos, use avatar, etc... When a user replies to these notifications, the information gets added in JIRA and all these bitmaps are getting added as attachments, which pollutes the issue information.

How can we set the On-demand environment to send and receive clear-text replies as comments without polluting the issue with unnecessary information?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Hi,

I think that you can do this in the configuration of user profile in preferences section.
Select in the email type list 'Text' value.
This link can help you

Managing your User Profile

Marc Labbé April 20, 2014

Thank you! I changed it in the "User Default Settings" in the System administration section, and there is a convenient function to "Apply" this change to all users.

Marc April 30, 2014

It works with text only format. I think that JIRA mail input processor should be able to manage its own HTML output format and decifer the replied comments from all the HTML junk added for formatting the nice outbound e-mails.

Suggest an answer