How can I stop an issue being ranked above another if it is blocked by that other?

Martin Gregory April 26, 2017

Issues can be linked as "blocks" another.

But I have the problem that this is hard to see on the backlog, and people rank blocked issues above the issue that blocks them - even letting them get into sprints when the blocking issue has not been done.

How can I avoid this?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2018

Dear @Martin Gregory,

unfortunately, you cannot prevent this. Atlassian has to implement such kind of function for the backlog.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

Dear @Martin Gregory,

found a related and accepted answer. Probably this could help.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2018

Dear @Martin Gregory,

do you need more help or is the answer fine enough to be accepted?

Thanks

Thomas

Martin Gregory February 8, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion, however I think what I was looking for is substantially different.

The solution I need is not related to transitions, it's related to ranking.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2018

Dear @Martin Gregory,

sure I know, but Jira out-of-the-box cannot do this. So the only chance you have currently, is to look for a plugin that has this ability.

What you can do is raise a suggestion and hope that it get voted up. Eventually Atlassian pics it up.

so long

Thomas

Suggest an answer