How can I specify a component lead?

Marcus Crowley April 14, 2016

When I try to choose a colleague to be a Component Lead, I get a "no match found" in the text box. See screen. Why can't I see / select anyone?

jira_component_lead.gif

2 answers

2 votes
Igor Kulatov August 30, 2016

Most likely you are not being able to select users as you lack the Global Permission to Browse Users.
Please look at the permission at System/Global Permissions https://<YOUR-SITE>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa, and you probably can see that the permission is only granted to the jira-developers group which you are not a member of.

To fix this, I would suggest for you to either add yourself to the jira-developers group or add the group which you are a member of to the permission. You would then be able to search for users.

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

I haven't tested, but there are various restrictions in play throughout JIRA based on role/permissions.  Perhaps you can only assign a component lead who has the "can be assigned to issues" privilege.

Marcus Crowley April 14, 2016

Thanks, Jeremy. These same colleagues can be assigned to issues (during creation or edit) but even my own name doesn't show up in Component lead...

Rob Kinnaird June 7, 2016

I am seeing the exact same issue.  I am unable to assign a lead to a component.

Жанна Гулия July 10, 2019

+1

Like Ken Cummings likes this
Ken Cummings October 15, 2019

+1

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

I just tested on my current version; there is some weirdness in the UI in that the pick list doesn't expand if you don't enter anything, but typing my userid or name (and other people's) into the pick list does cause it to filter on those values... at which point, I can select them and assign them as a Component Lead.  If that doesn't work, for users with the Browse and Assignable privileges, then there's probably something wrong and we'd have to go to the logs to dig further.

Like # people like this
Ken Cummings October 18, 2019

@Jeremy Gaudet , you are right!  This worked for me.  It's a problem with the UI.  Thank you.

Suggest an answer