How can I show tickets and get approvals from colleagues without giving them access to JIRA?

lucavious October 25, 2019

In a unique situation where the organization is trying to get by with very limited assistance from the product owner. We’re organizing our change requests and enhancements to be very easy to read by a non-technical decision maker.

They love the ticket format but we need to accomplish two things now:

1. Export a list of tickets requiring approval or feedback to a non-technical decision maker without forcing them to log into JIRA. Email or a Google Sheet would be ideal.

2. Enter the feedback and approval back into the original ticket; I’m flexible on how that looks, but I’m imagining feedback is entered as a comment.

Right now it looks like I may end up exporting a search filter to CSV and get feedback via Google Sheets but this is not a great solution since it wastes time and is subject to failure the first time someone misses a step.

Any great ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Hello @lucavious

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, I believe it is not possible to achieve that kind of approval from non-JIRA users using only JIRA Software application, however, there are some apps you can use to achieve that.

One of these apps is the Google Sheets integration that provides you with the option to export your Jira issues to Google Sheets and keep them up-to-date in realtime. The main question that I was not able to confirm is if the realtime updates can be performed by users that are not able to access JIRA, although I believe it is possible by the add-on integration. Can you start a free trial and test if this works?

Please, feel free to also find and test other apps in our Marketplace that may provide you with the functionality you are looking for:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ 

Let us know if this information helps.

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.

Check out the following Post from another user that has a detailed walkthrough and screenshots of the setup on how to set this up using a post function on your approval workflow to add in a customer to the approver list for an issue, that looks like it will do what you are looking for:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer