How can I show the modal "Create Issue" screen on a transition?

Craig Day April 7, 2017

I am trying to add a transistion to our JSD workflow that shows a button, in the issue view, that says "Create Issue" and when the SD agent clicks this it prompts them with a create issue screen. They would then have to select the appropriate project and issue type.

I see this [creating issues via links | https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/creating-issues-via-direct-html-links-159474.html]

But I can't figure out how to utlize that in a post function.

Or is the proper way of doing this creating shared fields, and using a create-linked issue post function? What stinks about that solution is that I don't want the description of the problem in some weird field on the JSD issue...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

You can't do it in a post-function.  They have no relationship with the front-end of JIRA whatsoever.  They are chunks of code that run on the server as part of a transition.

So, that takes you back to the issue view (i.e. not part of a transition), where you could use a web-fragment or (horrid) javascript to add such a button and kick off the issue create screen with some pre-filled parameters.

Craig Day April 7, 2017

Ah ok. Makes sense. Is ScriptRunner the only way of adding said web-fragments? 

Suggest an answer