• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I show the content of a confluence page in the activity segment of a JIRA issue?

Screenshot_2.png

Hello everyone. So, 1c is my confluence page. When I add this page to my JIRA as a linked issue, I want to see the content of the page in the activity segment. Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jan 31, 2020

Hi

I understand that you want to be able to hover over a link in Jira that links to a Confluence page and then get a preview of that page.

To the best of my knowledge no such integration exists today.  I do not know how this could be done either with the native products or any add-on currently in Marketplace

That said, I did come across Issue Preview for Jira, which is a plugin that does something similar.  But it only seems to work for Jira issues links, not links to Confluence pages.  

There is also a Confluence add-on called Link Preview for Confluence.  That one does seem more in-line with your request, as it appears to be able to preview just about any hyperlink found in Confluence.  The problem here is that this plugin is only compatible with Confluence, not Jira.

Sorry there does not appear to be an existing solution for this to Jira Server at the moment.  I created a feature request that I think encompasses this request in JRASERVER-70576.  It seems unlikely that this feature would be added to Jira Server, but perhaps other users might also find alternative solutions to this in the future.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Thank you for your time and interest Andy.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you