How can I show how many steps are completed in a workflow?

Greg Warner June 24, 2012

Hi,

One of my customers has asked if they can see how far an issue has progressed in a workflow as a percentage, or number of steps complete/number steps total. At first thought this might be possible for linear workflows but not for others.

Is this even possible? I'm not aware of any method to calculate how many steps remain in a workflow without knowing the most likely route for an issue to take.

thanks

- Greg

2 answers

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2012

I would look at the pie charts (jira chart plugin (free)) and see if pie chart by status for a project or pie chart by workload by status would meet your customer needs. It is not a percentage but it does give you an idea from a visual perspective how many issues are in different states. It is unfortunate that workload pie chart does not include time remaining but it does have time spent though.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2012

There is also the greenhopper progress chart if you are using greenhopper as well.

There is also the issue statistics chart, but again it is not a completion chart but a percentage of issues in each state.

Suggest an answer