How can I show an image in the Project Summary?

Eric Livesay November 30, 2013

Hello,

Having created a project in JIRA, I made my way to the Overview->Summary page. This shows three groups of data; 'Summary', 'Issues: 30 Day Summary' and 'Activity Stream'. In the 'Summary' section you are invited to change the project description by clicking on the 'project description' hyperlink in the sentence "Change the project description details about your project.". I clicked on this and edited the default Summary using the various Text Formatting capabilities built into JIRA (https://hecate.atlassian.net/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects). One of the capabilities listed is the ability to display an image or the thumbnail of an image. I did this successfully from a Comment on an Issue by:

1. Uploading a screenshot to the page for the Issue.
  2. Linking to the screenshot from the Comment (i.e., using !MyImageName.jpg|thumbnail! for the thumbnail).

However, I have been unsuccessful in doing it for the 'Summary' section of a Project. It appears that I need to upload a screenshot to the Overview->Summary page and then link to it from the new project description but I don't see a way to do that.

Any help in sorting this out would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2013

Hi Eric,

There are two ways you can link an image. First, with the fully qualified URL !http://www.somewhere.com/image.gif! into the description.

The second uses the 'Project Avatar' upload functionality. You just upload the image and from 'Select a Project Avatar' right-click the icon and choose 'Copy image URL'. Just add the URL to the description field with wiki-markup.

Cheers,

Paul

Eric Livesay December 6, 2013

Thanks Paul.

I was hoping that the ability to upload multiple images to the page existed (i.e. instead of linking to a URL somewhere outside of JIRA), similar to the way images can be uploaded to an 'issue' page. However, your answer has given me a way forward.

Best Regards - Eric

Suggest an answer