How can I share some issues with customer who should not all issues?

ankun yu April 24, 2013

We has some projects and want share process with our customer.

But we do not want share everything with them. Just some issues we picked.

I see Jira has Test session, can I use that share with customers?

By the way, I don't want our customers become a user if possible.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2013

Hi there,

You can share some project to customer by setting the 'Browse Project' permission to 'Anyone' group and not require user to logged in. If for certain issues, you need to configure security level scheme where set 'Anyone' group that able to view that issue.

For bonfiire, you can share the session to the customer by referring the document below:

To join a shared test session, the session needs to have been started and users need to have the 'Assignable' JIRA permission.

Thanks, John Chin

ankun yu April 24, 2013

Thank you for your help.

I think only method 2 is going to work.

And method 2 is not perfect though. The user can see all boards and Test sessions.

And Issue security level is not enabled by default, spent much time on configuration.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2013

Bear in mind that for any project you use "browse = anyone", that really does mean anyone, and your customers will see ALL issues in that project.

You'll need to think carefully about which projects you do this for.

If you need to expose some issues in a project, and hide others, you'll need to use "issue security" to hide issues from the customers.

1 vote
Diane Arsenault June 9, 2013

I have the same issue but I am not getting to the correct answer. I have set 2 levels of security. Level one has jira-users. Level two has jira-users plus 20 external individuals. I want to be able to make the 20 individuals (external users) watchers. When I apply security level 2 to an issue I still can't make the external users watchers. I get a permissions denied.

0 votes
ankun yu April 24, 2013

Thank you for your help.

I think only method 2 is going to work.

And method 2 is not perfect though. The user can see all boards and Test sessions.

And Issue security level is not enabled by default, spent much time on configuration.

Suggest an answer