How can I share one JIRA project with my client?

jasenka gracic March 22, 2013

I am having trouble configuring permissions in JIRA. My company has an account with 50 users and about the same amount of projects in JIRA. I want to share one of these projects with a client, but I don't want them to see our other projects. Everything I have tried still shows at least a list with all of our projects, which is a huge risk in privacy, even if they can't see anything inside those projects. Please advise or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2013

You need to make sure the client only has "Browse Project" permission in that project. He should be removed from any group that is used for "Browse project" permission in any other porjects.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Also make sure that all transitions in your workflow have a condition set where only certain people/groups can execute them. By default there is no condition set. This makes that everyone can execute any transition.

Suggest an answer