How can I share a workflow between 2 different on demand instances?

Vernon Rauch December 3, 2013

I have 2 separate on demand instances of Jira running and would like to copy/share/move a workflow I have created in one instance with the other instance. Is there a way to do this?

I have gone through the steps of uploading it to the marketplace but it tells me that it is not available for download in the on demand services.

3 answers

0 votes
Eswar Vandanapu May 14, 2014

I have the exact same problem. This is crazy, onDemand instance don't allow import from local drive, and you can't export a workflow into marketplace that you can use for OnDemand. It almost looks like only workflows you can use are the ones picked by staff, or you have to create them from scratch again.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

Have you tried the "Import from marketplace" option in the Workflows pages under Administration > Issues? Where are you seeing that it is not available for onDemand services?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

You probably can't. Even with the stand alone version it is difficult. JIRA stores everthing in a relational database so references to screens, fields, etc. won't work if they aren't the same ID in the database.

Suggest an answer