How can I setup notifications for issues that are near their due date?

NHP Support February 4, 2016

i did a bit of research and found that you could setup a subscription to a filter and get a notification. But the subscription option is no longer available in Jira, is there any other way to do this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

Filter Subscriptions is still a thing in JIRA. Why would you say it's no longer available?

NHP Support February 5, 2016

when I go to subscriptions in JIRA, i get a message that says no license, click here to register. I clicked on it to try/buy the license, and this is what comes up:

License (Obsolete) -In February 2016, the JIRA Timesheet Reports and Charts add-on, which is currently offered as part of JIRA Software Cloud and JIRA Core Cloud, will no longer be available. Existing gadgets provided by this plugin will no longer load and reports will no longer be available.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Yes. You must go to Manage Filters. There is a Subscription Link on each filter there – 

image2016-2-5 9:4:52.png

Alternatively when looking at a filter, clicking Details will pop open an inline dialog where you can create a subscription – 

image2016-2-5 9:6:0.png

NHP Support February 5, 2016

I setup the subscription, thanks so much!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2016

No problem, that's what I'm here for. Consider marking my answer as correct. wink

Suggest an answer