How can I set up issues as expanded by default?

Michal H. June 20, 2022

It is annoying to expand in every project task tree. Can I make set up as default expanded, Im using Jira cloud, team managed projects

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Hello @Michal H. ,

Can you please add few more inputs.
didn't getting you.

Thanks

Michal H. June 21, 2022

ok, when I open the team managed project I want to see all issues to be expanded... it means tasks with their subtasks

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

Hi @Michal H.

I'm also not 100% sure what specific view you are referring to - is this the "List" view in Jira Work Management projects? I don't remember any other native Jira view that would support "expanding" of issues.

This being said, I don't think that this can be configured. I remember similar requests/discussions for the "List" view, so I assume that the team is aware of the requirement.

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

Just to add to the above: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you might like the app that my team is working on: JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields. Among many other things, it also supports issue hierarchies. These are, by default, shown in "expanded" state (plus there are context menu operations for expanding/collapsing single issues, issues of a particular level, or all issues).

This is how it looks in action:

hierarchy.gif

JXL integrates into the project sidebar, so many customers use it successfully as an extension or alternative to Jira's "native" issue lists.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events