How can I set this issue security: only users at least one comment added on issue, can view issue

hamed jj June 3, 2017

How can I set this issue security:

Only users who at least one comment added on issue, can view the issue.

OR

Only users who at least one time the issue assigned to he/she, can view the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2017

That's quite a complex one, which I can't quite do without code.

However, the way I would code it is to have a user-picker field which is filled with people who meet one of the criteria.

You could get most of the way there by using the "participants" field from the (free) JIRA Toolkit add-on.  That combines a list of "current assignee, reporter and anyone who has made a comment".  It's not quite what you've defined, but it's close.  The hole is for "previous assignee who does something on the issue but does not make a comment"

(As an aside - "at least one comment added" - this implies a person would need to have access to the issue somehow to make the comment.  Although that's not a problem, it's worth thinking through how you'd get them to make a comment at some point)

hamed jj June 3, 2017

Dear Nic,

First of all, thanks for your attention.

In my project permission scheme, the assignee can view issue (Browse Projects permission), so anyone assigned to an issue, he/she can view this issue and write a comment. assignee maybe changed in my workflow.

In the other word, with above permission scheme, we can assign some issues to some agents (and maybe cross assigning in later). Now i want agents available to view only issues that they already assigned to that (or made a comment on)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2017

That is what my answer covered.  Except I managed to leave out "you will do this with issue security schemes"

hamed jj June 4, 2017

Hi Dear Nic

Thank you for your valuable answers. I've installed "Jira watcher field plugin" add-ons and use features of this add-ons to manage who can view issues. 

Maybe it is good idea for develop a new "Grant permission" type in "Permission Scheme" for anybody already assigned to an issue ("Already assignee" like "Current assignee")

Best regards

Suggest an answer