How can I set the weekends to be non-working days in Jira OnDemand?

Pascal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

The title says it all. Greenhopper manual suggests to go through 'Administration' > 'Global Settings' > 'Timetracking', but there does not seem to be a corresponding menu option in Jira OnDemand.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2012

Hi Pascal,

Answering your question, it is currently not possible to set this. This has been requested here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6128 which originated from this request - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5117

Please vote on these tickets in order to raise their popularity. For additional information, here's Atlassian new feature implementation policy - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

Regards,

Fahd

1 vote
Gustavo Medina October 20, 2012

In my case I already have 5 days/week, but I still see weekends in my charts

Pascal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Yes, that's what we see too, so I'm wondering if it actually skips weekends in the cancellations. Still going to have to test that.

Pascal
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2012

I ran a test and found that unfortunately the weekends are not skipped and burndown is expected in them, even thought the "Time Tracking Days Per Week" is set to 5 in our Jira OnDemand instance:

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2012

JIRA Admin > System > Time Tracking

Pascal
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2012

Thanks for the quick answer, Jobin, but I have no "System" option under "Jira Admin"...

What I do see under "System Info", however, is that "Time Tracking Days Per Week" is set to 5. Would you know if that implies that Greenhopper skips weekends in the burndown charts?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2012

Yes, it will skip weekends.

Suggest an answer