How can I set the default Assignee to "Automatic"

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

When I transition an Issue, the workflow screen opens. The name in the 'Assignee' field is the current assignee. I have an automatic assignment set up and it works. But it doesn't work unless I select "Automatic" in the 'Assignee' field.

How can I get "Automatic" to go into this field when the dialog opens?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Hi George

This window will show only what are the actual issue's values and I believe that you can't do this. However, perhaps you may try to add a workflow postfunction in order to change it when moving from one step to another.

For further details, please use the following link as your guide line.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

Oh, the post function works fine -- if "automatic" is selected. I'd like to make "Automatic" fill in by default and then let the user change it.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

I gave up and just created a new workflow screen for this step and removed the 'Assignee' field.

Suggest an answer