How can I set a permission/restriction for my workflow transition

Annie Hong October 14, 2013

Dear Sir,

I custom one transition into workflow but the action will display for non current assignee as below attachment.

How can I set the permission?

Thank you in advance.

Annie

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2013

Hi Annie,

It appears from your description that you would like to restrict permission to perform a certain transition (Go QA review) to only the Issue Assignee, is this correct?

You can achieve this by JIRA's advanced workflow configuration. The link will explain the details, but basically you will need to add a transition condition:

1. Edit the 'Go QA review' transition
  2. Under the Conditions tab click 'Add'
  3. Select 'Only Assignee Condition' radio button.

I hope this helps

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

could you explain in more detail.

do you want to hide workflow action(i.e. transition) to some user? then check http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Suggest an answer