It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I see what is being reindexed on Jira DC?

Currently we have having an issue where we cannot reindex through the application on Jira DC.

We run into this error The 'Lock Jira and rebuild index' option is unavailable while other indexing operations are in progress.

Following this advice in this post (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-t-do-background-reindex-and-Locking-JIRA-and-rebuilding/qaq-p/776024?tempId=eyJvaWRjX2NvbnNlbnRfbGFuZ3VhZ2VfdmVyc2lvbiI6IjEuMCIsIm9pZGNfY29uc2VudF9ncmFudGVkX2F0IjoxNTc0OTYwODE2OTc0fQ%3D%3D) I stopped all of the nodes and removed all of the cache/localq and started fresh.

No luck and still unsure what is causing this error, I'm guessing it's a reindex on a project which has got corrupted. Looking into the process list on the database it still doesn't really give me a clue to what project is running a reindex.

Question is their a better way of seeing what is currently being re-index at a system or project level?

Lastly the fun thing is I can a Lock and Re-index through calling the API.

Version of Jira: 7.12.3

1 answer

0 votes

Hi David,

Just wanted to check you've reviewed the application logs ($JIRA_HOME/logs/atlassian-jira.log usually) for any possible issue? When testing Jira 8 upgrades, this was our go to for indexing issues.

CCM

@David Sunter where you able to resolve this issue ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you