How can I see the task with the most logged hours?

Martin Gauss July 14, 2017

Hi, I am using JIRA Cloud (latest).

I want to see the Top10 tasks with the most logged hours over the last few months/sprints.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

You could use the following JQL and just look at the first 10 issues. Make sure the "Time Spent" column is configured to appear.

timespent > 0 ORDER BY timespent DESC

You could also save this as a filter and use a Filter Results gadget on a dashboard, then show only 10 issues at a time. The top 10 would always be displayed first.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

I should note that this will return ALL issues in JIRA that have time spent on them. If you want the top 10 in a particular sprint, in the past couple months, etc., you'll need to add some parameters to your JQL query.

Martin Gauss July 14, 2017

Wow! This works exactly as I need it. Thanks for the quick and great answer! :)

Darius Valančauskas January 5, 2024

why timespent > 0 ? if you use DESC, they should be at the bottom anyway. But when I have not added this, it gives me task with timespent 0 at the top. What is this?

But even if I added timespent > 0 , it does not show first task with most time spent. It is somewhere between the list,    if I filter also by issue type, I see it.

Suggest an answer