How can I see the list of downloaded files from Jira or Confluence?

Hansoo Bae March 6, 2016

My client need to know who and what files are downloaded from JIRA or confluence if necessary.

I think this is not available in the basic functions in administration.

anybody have the idea?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2016

Neither application logs that specifically (logging of "read" actions puts a heavy load on systems and most people don't need it)

You could have a look through the logs to see what people are accessing.

Or install one of the "view tracker" type add-ons from the marketplace (I'm not sure the JIRA ones I've seen go to attachment level, just issue views, but I've seen Confluence add-ons explicitly track attachment downloads)

Bear in mind that just viewing or previewing a file in Confluence especially, can be a download without someone explicitly clicking "download"

Hansoo Bae March 7, 2016

First of all, Thank you for an answer.

I will check out the add-ons you mentioned.

I just want share what I found so far.

I am going to check the access log instead if necessary.

in Jira, there's already an access log in the server, In Confluence, I can activate it.

it's not easy to look up, but no additional cost required and anyway I would need this in case of emergencies (only for very important confidential information leaked even though other controls are in place)

Anyway, Thanks for the advice.

Suggest an answer