How can I see subtask resolutions in the parent task?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

A story may have several coding subtasks. Developers write "Change Info" notes when a subtask is complete.

I'm looking for a way to display in a parent task field a contatenation of all of the "Change Info" fields of the subtasks.

Ideas, anyone?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

This is a great solution and is now working fine. I may replace it with a scripted solution down the road, but this is nice instant gratefication.

One note, the article is not up-to-date for JIRA 6. Now it is under System > General Configuration > Advanced Settings > jira.table.cols.subtasks

0 votes
JeltzProstetnic June 19, 2020

I desperately want the same thing for issue links :(

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

Create a calculated field. If you have scriptunner installed, you can go for a scripted field.

Suggest an answer