How can I see status of Bitbucket Pipeline builds in JIRA?

Simon Raybould October 10, 2017

I've previously used Bamboo and integrated it with JIRA to show the status of builds related to the JIRA issue in the Development panel, as described here

I can already see Branch info from Bitbucket but we also use Bitbucket Pipelines and I'd like build info to be shown from the Pipeline builds - is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

Hi Simon,

Currently that isn't available per the Limitations of Bitbucket Pipelines knowledge base article:

• Jira integration. Build statuses from Pipelines don't show up in the development panel. 
  • Build artifacts stored by Bitbucket (you can still use third-party artifact repositories)
  • Building Windows applications
  • Accessing services like artifact repositories or container registries behind a firewall

There are plans to integrate the two but I don't have an ETA currently.  You can create a Suggestion on JAC for this feature and one of the devs can provide more information as to when we should see this feature in JIRA, however, the only information I have now comes from the Community post titled Solved: When and how will Bitbucket Pipelines integrate with JIRA releases:

This is something we are currently considering. I would love to hear more about how you're using the current integration with Bamboo and how you would like Pipelines integration to work with JIRA.

There is also an email address in that post you can use to reach out for more info.

Cheers,

Branden

Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2019

Hi Simon, Branden,

I have created a suggestion ticket for this functionality: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17506

Feel free to visit the ticket and drop a comment if more context or information is needed.

Claudiu

Suggest an answer