How can I see my teammate's email?

Elaine Wang January 24, 2020

My teammate has forgotten which email he used for signing up Jira. It's been a while since he last logged in to Jira, but now he needs to log in for our project purpose. 

I cannot find the email information in the People or profile section or anywhere else. 

Does anyone know a solution I can try?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Check with your Jira admin. They can search under Jira settings > User management > users, and if necessary reactivate.

Elaine Wang January 24, 2020

Thanks Jack!

I just checked. Under Users, I can only invite users. I don't see anything else. I must not have the right access level to see the info, right?Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 4.52.07 PM.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Yes - you need to look for a Jira Admin or Site Admin, who will be able to see users / email addresses.

Check with your IT Team or System Admin team :)

Ste

Like # people like this
jon_gorrono July 19, 2022

There's no way to enable team members to see each others email?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2022

Hi @jon_gorrono 

Some information can be shared in Jira, it'll be visible under the "People" section.

But I believe users can choose what is shared.

Ste

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

@Elaine Wang 

Your site admin should be able to help you check this for you.

Below document explains 3 different types of admins.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/give-users-admin-permissions-964957877.html

Suggest an answer