How can I see in which project a group is used?

Claudia Zimmermann November 16, 2017

Hi, I have created different groups (under user Management). Some groups are assigned to only one Project and some to two or more Project (via user and roles in the specific Project).

How can I see later to which Project the groups are assigned to?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards

Claudia Zimmermann

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Claudia,

When you look at your Groups in User Management, it will show the permission schemes that each group is in.

JIRA-URL/secure/admin/user/GroupBrowser.jspa

If you need more information than is provided there, you could try this article that involves directly accessing the database:

Give that a try and let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Claudia Zimmermann February 16, 2018

Thank you Shannon. The link to "How to identify group usage in JIRA" is exactly what I needed.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

Glad that you found that helpful, Claudia!

Take care and have a pleasant weekend.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Silke Köhler December 10, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Do you know, where I can find the content? grafik.png

Thanks,

Silke

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 10, 2019

Hi @Silke Köhler,

That error occurs during temporary outages. I've checked the article link, and it appears to be working again.

Can you confirm? 

Regards,

Shannon

unfortunately not...

sorry, I tried many times, but now it worked. Thanks for reply! :)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 10, 2019

Silke,

No worries. It does seem that there are performance issues today on confluence.atlassian.com, so you may continue to see this message until the issue is resolved.

In general you can check status.atlassian.com for updates on issues like this, although I don't see that this current issue is being reported yet. Keep an eye on that page in case there are any changes!

Regards,

Shannon

Narendra Kumar April 8, 2020

Hi @Shannon S @Claudia Zimmermann @Silke Köhler any idea to find out the group usage for JIRA cloud version ? Thanks in advance !!

Like Pedram Mireftekhari likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2020

Hi @Narendra Kumar,

Thank you for following-up on this thread. I recommend raising your question in the Jira Cloud collection here on Community, so that someone with knowledge of Jira Cloud can help you with that. This question was about Jira Server from over 2 years ago, so you'll have more luck with a more recent question in the Jira Cloud collection.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that!

Regards,

Shannon 

Like Tri Dung TRAN likes this
Narendra Kumar April 8, 2020

Thanks @Shannon S for your suggestion.

Like Shannon S likes this
Nicole Gosling March 18, 2022

Hi there,

The article you provided is exactly what I needed.  I ran the 'Saved Filters content' scripts (see screenshot #1) and I get error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'SELECT' (see screenshot #2).  I suspect that is has to do with the 'FROM searchrequest' but I don't know what table to put in there.

Saved Filters content script.png

Script Error.png

Thanks for your help!

Nicole Gosling

Suggest an answer