How can I see all the issues I'm watching?

Marie-Helene Lavoie February 7, 2020

I would like to see a list of the issues I am currently watching. Is it possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

Hello @Marie-Helene Lavoie 

You can set up a dashboard, in wich you will add the foolowng gadget :

watched issue

You can also create a filter with the following jql 

issue in watchedIssues()

Hope this helps

Thanks. It helps too. Jira was adopted by my company. Never got any formation. Is there any tutorial that I can use to create filter?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

You can read this documentation

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/save-your-search-as-a-filter/

Feel free to ask if it is not enough

Like # people like this

It is good. But "Search syntax for text fields" is helpfull too. Is there a way to know the tables name and their accessible fields? It would help. I could have figured out the jql you gave me if I'd knew where to find that information.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2020

What do you mean by table name ? in the backend ? If so you can't access it because you're on cloud

Where can I find the list of functions like "watchedIssues()" that I can use? Where can I find the list of terms like "issue" that I can use?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2020
Like Noops likes this

Perfect. Thanks a lot

15 votes
Scott Arthurs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2023

Why isn't there just a button / filter select - "my watched issues" 

Make it easy 

0 votes
Rus Yates-Aylott February 2, 2024

Also, when I use the 'Watched Issues' widget it lists all open and closed cases in several projects. I have over 7000 cases!!

Is there an easy way to filter on this list, so it only shows cases currently in flight?

Vortex
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Rus, did you ever figure this out? I'm in a similar boat.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2024

Create a filter like that:

watcher = currentuser() and project in (projectA, projectB) and resolution = unresolved
Rus Yates-Aylott May 8, 2024

Lets suppose you have several different Workflows (based on Issue/Request types and they are not identical across all the projects) you may wish to monitor.

In that scenario you may wish to filter on the status of the ticket and include or exclude certain statuses.

And, of course, as Mohamed says, you can also add a component to filter on which projects you wish to monitor.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer