How can I search for issues with no links?

cathy waters September 30, 2014

I need to find a way to search for the absence of links. "Linked Issues" and "Links" while they show up in Filter output Columns don't appear as fields for JQL.

JQL doesn't seem to accept "IS EMPTY" after variations using "linkedIssuesFromQuery()" or "linkedIssues()"

This would be less of an issue if I could figure out a way to enforce checking of links as Conditions or Validators within a workflow. At present it seems that there should be a way to validate that "Linked Issues" changes during a transition, but I've not be successful getting that to work.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

I forgot to mention We're using server JIRA v6.3.4 with JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

2 answers

0 votes
cathy waters September 30, 2014

John,

I tried making the field a required field, but doing so didn't result in a failure / warning on create when they were left blank.

I was customizing our workflows. Links and Linked Issues don't show up as a field or custom field for most of the conditions. Supposedly it can be required the be changed during a transition (other than create), but it too did not result in a failure / warning when tested.

I think we have Script Runner - so I'll see if I can figure out how to use hasLinks()
in a script based validator.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the suggestion

Cathy Waters

0 votes
John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

Script Runner has a function called hasLinks() that checks for this.

And you can also add a condition or a validator on a transition to do the same. You have to customize the workflow to do this.

Or you could change the field configuration to make links a required field.

Suggest an answer