How can I search for issues with a percent sign in?

Mark Everest November 16, 2011

I need to search for issues that contacin "40%", but Jira removes the % and just searches for "40"

I've tried:

• 40\%
  • 40[%]
  • 40\u0025
  • 40\u005c\u0025

Any ideas please anyone?

3 answers

0 votes
Kean Erickson June 3, 2020

Hello everyone. This is a bit late but I think this is still a bug, percent and underscore are treated as wildcards but there's no way to escape them. 

0 votes
Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2011

summary ~ "40%" works in 4.4. What version are you using?

4.2.4 and I get the same issue in 4.4.3.

Searching for "40%" returns all issues that contain "40" not just "40%" - I don't want to have to page through hundreds of issues to find the one or two that I'm interested in.

Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2011

Sorry, I didnt relaize that you actually wanted to search for % which is a bit tricky since % is a wildcard in sql.

I agree, the jql string expansion doesnt seem to handle % in a correct way, (at least not as specfied in the manual).

0 votes
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2011

Yeah - that didn't work either :-(

Suggest an answer