How can I roll-up time logged on sub-tasks to the parent JIRA?

Tom Robinson March 26, 2015

We're running the latest version of JIRA and Tempo and have multiple dashboards using the 'Tempo Worklog Distribution' gadget. 

Being able to see the time split between issue types is useful, however sub-tasks are handled as a separate type and reported separately.

We need the ability to roll-up time booked on sub-tasks to their parent issue. How can this be done? If this isn't possible is it possible to block the ability for users to create sub-tasks on specific issue types (not desirable but a workaround we'll live with)?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Tom Robinson March 30, 2015

Hi - apologies if I didn't make my question clear... I do not want to exclude time logged for sub-tasks. I want Tempo Timesheets to aggregate the time logged for sub-tasks as part of the parent JIRA instead of recording the time as a separate issue type.
For example if I want to report on time spent on a 'Bug' versus a 'Improvement'. I would like to see total time spent on bugs and improvements inclusive of sub-tasks. I do not want to see time spent on bug, improvements and sub-tasks separately because this doesn't differentiate time spent on 'bug' sub-tasks and 'improvement' sub-tasks.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2015

Hi Tom, You need to contact the Tempo team and suggest this improvement.

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

Hi Tom,
In issue screen there is a check-box for switching on/off subtasks time but probably it does not affect Tempo Worklog Distribution gadget. I can not check it now. Please check, and if the check-box does not work for the gadget, you can report the request/improvement to https://tempoplugin.jira.com

image2015-3-26 18:21:55.png

Suggest an answer