How can I restrict access from Linked application (fivetran)?

Junya Hayashi August 30, 2021

I configured application link for fivetran following this instruction. But fivetran syncs all JIRA projects' data, so I want to restrict fivetran app to access to limited projects. Can I control the access from external app(fivetran)?

In this thread, someone says

> another option here is to restrict Fivetran's permissions so we can only read projects you determine are valuable to pull into your warehouse. Some of our other customers have been successful with this method.

but I don't know how to do that.

2 answers

0 votes
Suraj Shrivastav September 1, 2022

Hey Junya,

I don't think we have any way to restrict application links access in JIRA. I was also in same situation but no solution.

Do let me know if you found something.

Thanks

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

The thread you mentioned would seem to indicate that this integration creates a Jira user which then could be used to gain access to various projects via permission schemes. However I do not know if in fact a ‘fivetran’ user is in fact created. Can you check on that possibility? 

Junya Hayashi August 30, 2021

Thank you for the reply. I confirmed list of users in "Atlassian Administration" page, but I can't find 'fivetran' user there...

Suggest an answer