How can I resolve an issue?

Kate McGee October 25, 2017

Sadly, I've tried multiple different how-to articles but I've been unsuccessful when it comes to closing/resolving tickets.

I thought at first it was a permission issue so I granted transition, close, and resolve permission to the user.

I thought maybe it was a workflow issue, but the issues can go to a Done state, but when I run the sprint report it shows these tickets as still active and not complete.

I would so appreciate some help.

Thank you thank you :D

Kate

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

There's a couple of points here.

Plain core Jira considers an issue resolved when the "resolution" field is not empty.  It does not care what is in there, just that there is something.  It does not look at sprints, boards or even status.  Just the content (or lack of content) in the resolution field.

A board however uses a totally different measure.  An issue is done when it's in the far right hand column of the board.  Resolution is irrelevant.  Status is only relevant in the sense that a column is a set of status (often only one status)

So, you need to get your issues into the far right hand column on the board for the sprint report to see them as done.

Suggest an answer