How can I require completion of custom field for an issue type in JIRA Service Desk?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

I am working on setting up JSD for the first time and trying to understand how it all works. I have a custom field (Facility) that I have added and I want to make this a required input field when a new ticket is created via portal or email. When I go to the project --> request types then edit fields for the specific request type and add fields I have a canned set of fields I can add. Is there any way to add my custom field to this list of fields?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2016

Adding Fields to a Screen creates your fieldset, which you can add from and select in Request TypesEdit Fields.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

yep that is it thanks Steven

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2016

Any time.

Suggest an answer