How can I report multiple instances of the same issue

Mark Newell December 17, 2015

I need to report multiple instances of the same issue as reported by separate users. I don't want to have to create separate issues for each report, I need one issue with multiple reports for tracking and prioritization purposes.

Is this possible in JIRA?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

Perhaps you should use subtasks.

0 votes
Mark Newell December 23, 2015

Thanks for the replies guys. I've tried both of these suggestions as tests and neither is 100% what I'm looking for (like the functionality we had in our previous bug tracking system) but at this point I'm leaning towards using subtasks.

Anupam Srivastava July 25, 2018

Hi,

Did you find a permanent solution to your problem?

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2015

The easiest approach is to clone the initial issue for each occurrence and edit the details for each user. In this way you will automatically get links to the original issue as well.

You can enhance this through the use of Bob Swifts Clone Plus which would allow you to update the impacted user on creation of the new issue.

Suggest an answer