How can I rename the Tempo "Log Work" button

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2015

We have to keep native Log Work option open, but in the meantime my users asked if we could rename the Tempo Log Work to maybe "Tempo Log Work" so they can choose which log work screen they want to use.

2 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

Hi Susan, 

this is not possible in the current version of Tempo Timesheets and I am not sure if it is possible in JIRA.

It might be helpful to use the "w" keyboard shortcut if users need to log work in Tempo instead of the "Log work" link in the "More" dropdown.

Regards,

Susanne

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

Log work button is JIRA button. Tempo reuses something in JIRA log work, so calling it as "Log work" makes sense.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2015

We are trying to differentiate between the "tempo log work" and the Jira "log work". As they give different features.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2015

I thought that the Tempo Log Work does everything that Log Work does, plus the Tempo features?

StatPro IT July 15, 2015

Hi Matt it does, but our users ONLY want to go to the Tempo Log work one and when they both say "log work" they don't know which is which. However I can't disable the JIRA log work one because we use it heavily in workflow transition screens. I'm just looking for a way to hack into the display of the button.

Suggest an answer