How can I remove the "Comment" box?

Jakobi Oommen September 6, 2017

How can I remove the comment box for one specific transition? The transition is a multi-line field and I don't want users to mistakenly put info in the comments or feel that they are obliged to.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2017

Comment boxes appear in all global transitions.
You can put some code in field configurations and hide the comment field though.

You can do this by going to the field configuraiton of your project and add that script in any other field which does appear on the transition besides the comment box.
For e.g. You have a transition for "In Progress" to "Resovled"
And you have 2 fields on this transitions, 'abc' field and a comment box.
So you'd need to put the following script in the abc field of your project's field config.

<script type="text/javascript">

if(AJS.$('#issue-workflow-transition-submit').val() =='Transition Name'){

AJS.$('div.comment-input').css('display', 'none');

}

</script>
Jakobi Oommen September 13, 2017

Where exactly should i place this line? My transition is called "Solution not Sufficient" and has only one field which is "Explanation". 

I added the lines of code to the custom field explantation to no avail. 

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Your project would be using some Field configuration. 
Go to Project's Administration, and see what that is. 
See 1.png

1.PNG

1.PNG

Search for Comment in the fields. And select Edit to add the script over there. 
See 2.PNG 2.PNG

<script type="text/javascript">

if(AJS.$('#issue-workflow-transition-submit').val() =='Solution not Sufficient'){

AJS.$('div.comment-input').css('display', 'none');

}

</script>

Note that the above script will target the transition Solution not Sufficient. 

So any time you are transitioning to Solution not Sufficient. the script will run.

Hope it helps.

Jakobi Oommen September 20, 2017

I added the code to "explanation" and "comment" fields separately but all that happens was the code appearing in the description.

jira.PNG

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2017

Did you put the closing script tag?
If that doesnt work, try just enclosing in simple script tag,

<script>
//code
</script>

Edvin Beqari July 28, 2020

Same issue here - tags are closed - all it does is appear on the description. 

Suggest an answer