How can I remove/set resolution to tickets > 5 days after completion?

Dylan_E_Adams January 13, 2020

I am using Jira Cloud

3 answers

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Dylan_E_Adams , I'm also not sure what you mean exactly, but I had a similar use case where I wanted to filter out the tickets that had been resolved after 5 days. If it's the same thing for you, you can modify the jql for your board and add this clause: AND resolutiondate >= -5d

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Dylan_E_Adams January 14, 2020

How do you apply the above filter to just a specific column(s)? 

Like Lenin Raj likes this
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Include the status field in the filter to apply only to Done issues.

Like Carlos Garcia Navarro likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Dylan_E_Adams , if you go to Board-> Configure->General(and filter)-> Edit filter query, you can add the clause: AND (resolutiondate >= -5d AND status in (Done)), like @Lenin Raj  suggested.

Keep in mind that this will apply to issues for which a resolution has been set.

If what you want is to set a resolution for those tickets that have been moved to Done and have been there for 5 days or more, you can also use this:

status changed to Done before startOfDay(-5)

Carlos

Like # people like this
Dylan_E_Adams February 6, 2020

And what about removing historical tickets/issues/tasks off the board after x days? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

Can you please clarify?

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Dylan_E_Adams 

Just confirming, when you say "completion", do you mean a particular status of the issue such as "Done"?

And what would you like to do on those issues? Mark them as "resolved"?

Dylan_E_Adams January 14, 2020

Yes.  A lot of issues are "piling up" on the done column and my team is requesting that if the ticket has been moved to done, the ticket move off the board or removed after that 5 day period.

Like Lenin Raj likes this

Suggest an answer