How can I remove Popular from Jira Customer Portal

Helen Valtmann-Valdson January 5, 2017

Could you please advise me on how can I remove Popular from JIRA Customer Portal? The thing is that Customer who are added can see other companies. I have attached an example.

1 answer

0 votes

05.01.2017 16-38.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2017

this should not be the case. if you have separate projects with separate portals then you should not have popular items from one portal showing on another. Something seems to be amiss here.

Thank you Jack. I have created new projects for customer so that I have projects with shared configuration. Maybe that is the case?

Janene Hoffmann January 6, 2017

I have the same question / problem —
how can the popular tab be removed from the Help Center?

Update – I was able to resolve this by creating a separate permission scheme

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

Helen, i'm not sure what you mean precisely by "share configuration". However, can you please verify that your customer list for each project are indeed as expected. That is, you only have customers in Project A that belong to company A, and B and C....

I assume you have seen the following documentation? https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-access-to-your-service-desk-732528940.html

Deleted user October 23, 2017

I'm also having the same issue. Will changing the permissions on the project role have any effect on this?

Heidi Bellio April 11, 2018

i have the same issue. permissions did not help. actually removing the service desk customer role from the "browse projects" permission did not hide the popular projects but only the issues from this customer ...

Suggest an answer