How can I remove Multi-App-Access from jira-users group?

USK May 6, 2016

Sorry, this is for Server edition. We have purchased Service Desk and from our trial usage we have more users assigned than we have purchased. When I go to the user page and try to uncheck "JIRA Service Desk" it automatically unchecks JIRA Software. When I check JIRA Software, it automatically check s JIRA Service Desk. 

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2016

When you see 'multiapp access' that means that membership to a single group is configured to license a user in multiple apps.

1. From JIRA, you must click the image2016-5-6 7:17:57.pnggear icon, then under Site Administration click on User Management.
    You will now be in the Atlassian Cloud User Management screen.
  2. On the left side, under User Management there is an option called Application Access. Click on that.
    You are now on the Application Access screen.
  3. Near the upper left corner there are a few buttons. Press View Configuration.
    This is the Application Access Configuration Page.

I can't give you great advice on what to do here without more information. The you should make sure that any group that gives access is mutually exclusive from other applications I suppose.

I will note that this process is different for Server-editions of Atlassian Applications.

USK May 6, 2016

I apologize, this question is for server edition. 

Suggest an answer