How can I publish a Jira Form on a Google Site?

Martin Denham October 1, 2014

I want to be able to allow any user that has access to a Google Site to be able to click on a link to open a JIRA Form that will then submit an Issue into a specific JIRA Project.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2014

As it stands, you'd need to write a whole load of stuff into the Google site to be able to do this.

However, there is a really simple option - it's not quite a "JIRA form", but have a look at "issue collectors" in projects.  They will generate html/javascript which you can include on a site to enable people to ask questions or provide feedback.  Your use case is pretty much what they were written for.

Martin Denham October 1, 2014

Hi Nic, thanks for your reply. When I mentioned a Jira Form, sorry, I was referring to the Issue Collector. I have tried pasting the html and java into a google site page, and that doesn't seem to work. I don't know if there is anything special I need to do as well. Do you have by any chance an example?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2014

Ah, ok. I think it might be better debugging it than trying to run off in another direction. I've simply pasted the javascript into a site's headed before and it has worked fine. So we should look at where you've placed your code probably.

Martin Denham October 2, 2014

I created a new page on my site. Inserted an HTML Box gadget, and pasted the code in there.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2014

Does that area of the page allow scripts to be inserted and run?

Martin Denham October 2, 2014

It Claims to, but as yet I have been unsuccessful - I do not know whether it is a Google issue, a Jira issue or just me. I will try to get some support from Atlassian.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2014

Mmm, I've used the javascript in page headers without any problems, but the plain html does seem to fail if it's inserted into the body of some of the pages I've worked with.

Suggest an answer