How can I prevent users from entering Privacy Act data into Summary, Description and Comment fields?

Melanie Rogers September 6, 2012

The solutions I've found during research are for custom fields. Please adivse.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Melanie Rogers October 9, 2012

I worked with a Developer to create some JAVA script to work in concert with the Behaviours Plugin.

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2020

@Melanie Rogers I know this has been a good while back but, do you have an example of the Javascript you used and how you set the Behaviour?

0 votes
Alex Kaufman _Enhancera_ August 23, 2016

One other option is to use our recently released PII Protector for JIRA add-on. It monitors sensitive PII like credit card numbers, social security numbers, addresses, etc. stored in Atlassian JIRA, reports it, provides admins with a convenient UI to manage it, to audit access to it, and optionally to hide or to erase it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2012

You can't. The fields are text, if someone puts something sensitive in them, that's up to the user.

The only thing you might be able to do is write or find a validator which can scan the text and return a failure message if they enter something you don't wnt them to. Of course, what they might enter is so variable, I don't think you really can do this, but that is your only real option.

Suggest an answer