How can I *prevent* emails to non-JIRA users

Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Hi everyone,

So we have JIRA set up in our organization and tied to a Crowd instance which has our 10k-or-so staff. Only a small subset of those staff are using JIRA (by being in a JIRA-Users group). For our issues, we often set the Reporter to the person who reports the issue, even if that person isn't a JIRA user (and not in the JIRA-Users group). JIRA is sending those people email notifications anyway.

If they are actual JIRA users, we would want the reporter to receive email notifications. If they are not, we do not want them to receive email notifications.

Is this possbile?

TIA,

Graham.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Hi Graham,

This isn't possible using a default install of JIRA but I believe it might be possible to create a much more specific user notification scheme using the JIRA Enterprise Message Handler plugin, so that is what I would suggest you take a look at because that should allow you to better restirct who does and doesn't receive notifications: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

All the best,
John

Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

Thanks John,

JEMH looks crazy powerful, but it's way out of our price range for what we would need it to do.

Graham.

Suggest an answer